The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management
You can work as much as you want, whenever you want, wherever you have internet connection Perfect for busy people The most cost-effective way
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is designed to cover a range of issues affecting process industries
Key topics covered by this qualification include:
- Establishment of process management systems
- Asset management and maintenance strategies
- Safe start-up and shutdown of process plant
- Performance standards for safety critical systems and equipment
- Hazards and controls for:
- Chemical reactions
- Bulk storage of dangerous substances
- Fire and explosion
- Purpose and features of emergency plans
This unit is divided into the following four key elements:
- Process safety leadership
- Management of process risk
- Process safety hazard control
- Fire and explosion protection
Further details can be found in the syllabus guide which can be downloaded from its course page
On completion of this course, candidates should be able to demonstrate understanding and implement good health and safety management across all areas of their operations. Ensuring that candidates have a sound understanding of the principles of managing risk is a key building block of an effective safety culture
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is suitable for supervisors, newly appointed managers, junior managers, safety representatives and newly qualified health and safety advisors within the process industries, both inside and outside the UK. The qualification is designed to provide a sound breadth of knowledge and understanding that enables qualification holders to contribute to the management of process safety risks. This qualification builds on the understanding already gained by studying the NEBOSH National or International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
Assessments are available in English only
There are no entry requirements for this qualification,
However, it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus for English trainings and exam.
NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
In the UK – and, increasingly, worldwide – regulatory accreditation is recognised as a badge of quality, allowing our qualifications to retain their highly regarded professional status.
UK accredited qualifications provide you with certain guarantees that the qualification:
- Meets specific quality criteria that ensure it is fit for its purpose
- Includes relevant content
- Uses appropriate assessment methodology
- Is mapped to relevant National Occupational Standards (NOS)
- Is supported by relevant stakeholders including employers
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is not accredited by SQA Accreditation. However, it is intended to be broadly comparable to Level 7 in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF), comparable to RQF Level 4 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
The pass standard for the unit/qualification is 60% (24 correct questions out of 40).
The multiple-choice assessment must be accessed and completed via NEBOSH’s Online Assessment Platform and completed within a 24-hour assessment window. Learners can begin their assessment at any time within the 24-hour window but, once they have started the assessment, they must complete it within the designated time frame for the unit (90 minutes for PSM1). These assessments will also be remotely proctored to ensure their integrity.
Exams cannot be postponed or canceled after the registration deadline. If you cannot take the exam due to any excuse, you can request a refund of 10% of your exam fee by reporting your excuse with official documents.
Online multiple choice assessments' upcoming dates are listed below.
|13 December 2023
|11 January 2024
|24 January 2024
|14 February 2024
|21 February 2024
|13 March 2024
|27 March 2024
|19 April 2024
|24 April 2024
|16 May 2024
|22 May 2024
|13 June 2024
|26 June 2024
|17 July 2024
|24 July 2024
|14 August 2024
|21 August 2024
|12 September 2024
|25 September 2024
|16 October 2024
|23 October 2024
|13 November 2024
|20 November 2024
|11 December 2024
|11 December 2024
|10 January 2025
You should plan your study around a minimum of 28 taught hours and approximately 20 hours of private study.
NTSS will provide slides and a digital workbook. The tuition hours should be added to the recommended private study hours to give the minimum number of hours that this mode of study will require.
- After the purchase is completed and the payment is made, the login information to the education platform is sent to the student via e-mail within 24 hours.
- After the login information is sent to the student, the Education platform is open to the student for 180 calendar days.
- There is no live narration on the education platform. All educational materials are accessible to the student 24/7.
- It is compulsory to take the exam within 3 months after registration. Otherwise, learner can take the exams in the future by paying the exam fee within 5 years.
- A digital copy workbook for PSM
- Slides (cannot be downloaded)
- Guide to The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management
- Exam Technical Learner Guide
Should you have any queries, please contact our Training Team (email@example.com)
If you are not satisfied with the service provided by your tutor or our Team, please contact our Customer Service Team (firstname.lastname@example.org )
You can also refer the matter to NEBOSH (email@example.com).
If you are not satisfied with the service provided by NEBOSH, please contact the Scottish Qualifications Authority (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 18% VAT excluded
- Includes an exam fee to be taken within the first 4 months after registration
- If you fail any of the exams, you can re-take the exam by paying the fee
- PSM1 exam fee is £195 + %20 KDV
- Complete and learn 90% of all training presentations, otherwise you will not be able to take the exam.
- Study to given Study Book about the Course*.
- Complete homework’s*
- Bring any learning difficulties to our attention at the earliest opportunity.
* If you are unable to complete these items, it is your responsibility to study relevant chapters.
For more details, please download Nebosh PSM Learning Agreement
Each student is assigned a tutor with whom they can communicate and receive support. The tutor can be reached via e-mail.
Questions from learners will be answered within 24 hours, except for force majeure. The time outside the working hours on the weekend is not included in the 24 hours.
Successful candidates in the PSM exam will receive "The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management" certificate.
Within 1 month after the exam result is announced, it is sent free of charge within the borders of Turkey in printed form.